The Earth is getting warmer and climatic changes are on for all to see. It's raining and snowing where it never has, and, cold freezing places have seen temperatures soaring to 40 degrees Celsius. But the questions I ask are
- is the human race responsible for this change?
- Are we big enough to effect such changes?
- Is it our ego that makes us believe that we can bring about such a change?
Let us look at the ice age and the dinosaurs. Did the growing population of there gigantic animals that ruled the land, sea and sky cause climatic changes that brought on the ice age? The reason for the ice age can be better attributed to
- an impact of a giant asteroid
- high radiations from a supernova
- an epidemic
- a volcano that created a layer of dust that blocked sunlight for years
- a change in the shape of Earth's orbit...making it hotter or colder
- a change in the tilt of Earth's axis...heating or melting the poles
- a wobble of the Earth about its axis...changing the time and duration of a season
Oh! Passing sojourner on Earth’s largess
The Earth warmer now than ever before,
And damned are the gases spilt forth.
Two centuries have passed since a driven wheel
Ploughed the dirt to form scopionic paths,
Lunges forward now on unplumed wings.
Are we the reason for the Warming Earth?
Or are we too small to shape a Universe in flux?
Are two centauries ample to affect a change?
Change is nucleus to the space we float in
Too removed from our sphere of influence,
Do dinosaurs lay a claim to the Ice age?
No control we wield over nature’s umbrage.
We pump our egos thinking ‘WE’ create change
Megalomania, I think we need be accused of.
We are too small to reign in the monster
Let things go on as planned destinies.
Climate has changed and so has life.
Time now worshiped in vain life altars
Brio dreams zip in tired half-shut eyes and
Adrenaline pushes our thick clogged vessels.
Now bonds valued as the stocked bull runs
Love now devoid of devoir bonding as
Lost souls spill into sidewalks and alleys.
Find your universe in the embrace of arms
This sphere you can control and inspire
Choose to illumine or in a dark world live.
© Nalini Hebbar/openmind/2009-all rights reserved
Explore My PhotoBlog http://triggerhappyhunter.blogspot.com