RSS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Love Musings 1

Love has more to it than meets the eye. I wonder, in my most blue moments, if what we feel is love at all. Do we not love the 'I' in the I love you a little too much?
In these 5 short poems, you will find me in awe as well as cynical about love. That's the reality of the human species. Is not your image, your reputation, your Dharma, your comfort, your life, your children that defines your love?...you take 'you' out of the equation and find that selfless love is a just myth. Or is it? 
Just like flawless snowflakes come in so many intricately beautiful designs, love too is a complex mishmash of complicated emotions, that pull one way on a given day and the other the next. 





i love You Pictures, Images and Photos


If I say that my universe
Has shrunk into a human fettle, 
Does it say that I love you? 
Or I love that I love? 



II
Love is that magic
That packs the universe
To make it shine 
From a heart in love.



III
Love has no language
But the language of action.
Of Karma and Dharma 
To all in our scope.



IV
Love has a history
Been a subject of study

It has taught man
The ‘how is and how to’

That when hearty-
I ask, “Is this IT? ”






V
Like snowflakes
Comes forth love
Nonpareil in design, 
Ornery it would be to say
“He has not loved”






© Nalini Hebbar/openmind/2009 - all rights reserved
Take a leap into my PhotoBlog 

Share/Bookmark

8 COMMENTS:

Hemanth Potluri said...

i love the second one the most...all are beautiful :)..love is a feeling which cannot be expressed in just few words it sometimes takes years to express its feeling in words :)..

urs..hemu..

Vinita Apte said...

lovely...the third poem is what I identify with...it is all about Karma and Dharma...
Yes we do love the 'I' more than Love you....its natural that way for our survival and I don't feel there is anything wrong in that..

I believe selfless love can be found only in situations of extreme stress like war...where people stand by each other...and love your brother is the motto...

Chatterbox said...

I consider myself one of the die hard romantics :)
I could totally relate to the second poem :)

Beautiful post Nalini :)

anatreek said...

If someone is in love, then He/She can never be selfless. I think this statement makes me a cynic too:)

Rinzu said...

wow..it was a pleasure to read a poet here in the blogger community...i left the blogger community long ago because i didn't find any interesting read on poetry...i am glad i bumped into your blog...

the imagery here was wonderful... i liked the link on "how to compose a haiku" as well...it's the right one... unlike the general perception of a haiku being three lines long and composed of 17 syllables...thanks for that useful link...

keep writing...

:)

Hitesh Rawat said...

i had to read the comments to understand the poems....and can say..that i still didn't get all of them.....or even one of them 100 %

leaving that behind......i do agree...love can't be molded into one form.....Love can easily be THE most complicated emotion of all ........

for me....it's not easy to recognize that feeling...haven't been ther...so don't know which feeling is called love.....

"LOve You" -- removing the "I" because in this relationship ther won't me anything as selfish as 'I' from me.....it will always be "You" ..... how about this for a proposal line :)

Sorcerer said...

Love has no language
But the language of action.
Of Karma and Dharma
To all in our scope.

__

wow! This one is what I liked the most..

WOnderful lines.
:)

Rajendra Raikwar said...

Good one