RSS

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bottled Happiness

pearls
Buy that black dress and the pearl string
Slip on the heels and dance all night.
As the music floods setting each atom agog
With lightness you float atop bubbles of happiness.

Can it last for ever and ever?
Can you buy bottled-happiness?

Fizzy like bottled-drink happiness bubbles
But petersout too soon before the cloud is clear.
Outstretched arms and an open heart
Catches some bubbles before they are burst.

Can the bubble ever be eternal?
Can money buy me happiness?

Dancing through the night or buying all that’s craved
If this is ‘that’ happiness, I can buy more than my need.
But something is missing in-between the fun
A something missing that rises like a ghost.

Can that be loneliness or discontent?
Can that be the ‘something’ money can’t buy?

Searching high and low in every mall that sells
Dazing the mind to research the lows
In and out of hearts and relationships that sink
Happiness eludes and slips like mercury does.

Can I learn to live outside the bubble?
Can I relearn the art of living?

A tough ask although but not impossible I think
Teaching myself to be detached from events
Letting pain and happiness wash over me alike
Watching as if from above at all happenings in life.

(31st October 2006, Nellore)

© Nalini Hebbar/openmind/2009 - all rights reserved
Take a leap into my PhotoBlog 

Share/Bookmark

8 COMMENTS:

Stan Ski said...

'Bubbles of happiness' - so easily burst.

Unknown said...

Thank you Nalini for your regular comments. Also congratulation on a nice Indi rank :)
Loved your photographs on Say cheese enjoyed em'
Learning to appreciate poetry, hope ur blog helps :)

Delson

Hitesh Rawat said...

yea....it is tough to live outside the bubble.....
ppl who can't buy happiness, think that it can be bought...but i think it's not that easy or else people with wealth would have been the happiest people around....

those bubbles can never last.....no matter how much you try...they do burst....

\,,/

Chandrika Shubham said...

I liked the first paragraph. :)

Mojo said...

If only it were so easy as that, eh?

"Catches some bubbles before they burst." That's a line that will stick with me, for sure.

Wonderfully done.

Hemanth Potluri said...

nicely described :)..

urs..hemu..

Chapters From My Life said...

so aptly said Nalini.. You are a wise woman. I love your poetry.

Unknown said...

Well done! When the bubbles burst, is the magic still there??