RSS

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Choices

choices
Walking along the shaded avenue
Raintree canopy close-fitting over
Velvet red orange carpet strewn under
I hardly noticed a little path new
Between the bushes to the far yonder.

Every road is made by walking, they say
And so down the road I stealthily walked
What awaits me at the end I wondered
Not once on the walkway wander nor sway
Absorbed abundant turns of twists offered

Chided and coxed by them fairies and gnomes
Each solo into ears whispered and hissed
Choices a hundred to be picked and tried
Not hard nor fast were these destiny games
End special is, I guess, if a fair game played

A road is made for walking, I reckon
On thorns, stones and silky flowers that beckon


August 25, 2009
© Nalini Hebbar/openmind/2009 - all rights reserved.