RSS

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dark Clouds Gather

Photobucket
Feeling of helplessness and gloominess
A fatigue very intense of mind and body
Shoulders now stoop with a burden heavy
A feeling I wish happens to not even an enemy
A tight knot in the stomach that is often churning
Heart in a tizzy that spreads a chilling feeling
A giant lump in the throat getting bigger still
The agitated mind that’s only going downhill
There is nowhere to go, no one to turn to.

Helpless over a matter that’s beyond control
Into my mind radical options keep popping
Limp and gauzy bubbles burst as they take form
I am dejected these thought-bubbles at all form
Feel hopelessly tired to even think of trying
The mind in a flurry, do I demand or try begging
Nothing seems to work as pressure keeps mounting
Payments and compulsion come on crashing
Nowhere to run off to, no help in sight.

Will it get shoddier as life goes on?
Could this be a case that is unresolved?
Time they say heals just about everything
But I see dark clouds only getting darker alarming
No silver to line them even on distant ones
No silver platter or even golden breaks
White as that paper are my fading hopes
And black as my day are my racing thoughts
No escape from this strife, no solution at all.

(13th June, 2006, Nellore)
© Nalini Hebbar/openmind/2009 - all rights reserved

1 COMMENTS:

aayanman said...

the lines seem more like a rant or was it meant to be read as a poem?
the frustration and resignation are very well articulated.